Thursday, August 23, 2007

Which Browser TO Use??

Which browser are you using?? Most of you will be either using Internet Explorer which ships with Windows or Firefox which has rapidly spread over the Internet, Mac users will be loyal to the Safari… So which software Browser should one use??
Here I’ll review a few browsers that I have used and some of which I have heard about.

Firefox: Its an extremely innovative product that woke up the Internet Explorer Team and it can also be called the Foundation Stone of IE7 because Microsoft started its development only after Firefox rapidly started capturing market share.
Other featured include Themes that have been created by its large community.
Score:4/5

IE6: IE7 has not really spread out so I thought I’d review this piece of crap too.(Those who are using this might not agree but even I didn’t till I hadn’t laid my hands on IE7 and Firefox.) But if you are using this a switch to Firefox or IE7 is highly recommended as it takes up too much of the space that is otherwise allotted to the webpage and is a very untidy package.
Score:2/5

IE7: I abandoned the impressive Firefox the minute I set my hand on IE7 and it has lain useless on my PC since then. I love the neat interface and more space for webpage. I also liked the inbuilt search and tabbed browsing though I had gotten used to them after using Firefox.
Score:4.5/5

Netscape Navigator: Yeah! It still exists… though I hate it. It can be called a slow started theme which works with both IE and Firefox yeah it doesn’t work separately but uses the engine of IE or Firefox…And is really slow.
Score:0/5

Opera: It has also got its fair share of features though I haven’t used it research shows it highly featurisitic….And has innovations of which even Firefox is shy of…..
Score:Untested

Safari: When Apple released the latest edition of Safari and made it available for Windows there was a stampede in the Blogosphere. It was discovered that the software in the Windows edition was full of bugs. On the upper side though many bloggers felt that it was surprisingly easy to use for a Windows user. I think I will download it after the next edition is born although a patch for the bug fixes have been released…
Score:Untested


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I was using Netscape 5 years ago but don't know about it now...
Huh.. Domination of Microsoft kill it..