Saturday, October 6, 2007

Get More From Wikipedia Using Discussions....

The World is using wikipedia these days and I am no exception. I have at times found myself hooked to it searching for one topic after another and 99% of the times finding relevant articles. I even found articles about some less popular TV shows that were about a decade old!

I have been using the Wikipedia data for all sorts of projects etc. But the fear that the article had been edited  to suit some ones choice always haunted me... Not now! Ever since I discovered the power of the discussions tab!

The discussion tab is a place where people can file their views on the article about something they agree over or not...Its basically like a comment's section of the blog. So that I can check what other people feel about a certain thing. If most of the comments are negative even though the post finds a thing positive I can skip or edit that article out or prevent myself from gaining wrong info. But beware! This can get addictive as I found out! These days I check out the discussions tab before the actual article itself!

Here is an How To:

Untitled

Untitledb

No comments: