Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Time Travel Made Possible!

Yes! I haven't gone mad! Now you can view how a website looked like 2 years ago or 2 Months ago or 2 days with just a click of the button.

This has been made possible by www.archives.org using there service called- "The Way Back Machine". It just as simple as googling for a website and a tool that can be very useful for webmasters.Just for fun you can check out the previous layouts of Yahoo AOL or MSN as far back as the 90's. It would be interesting to see how long can these people hold the data.

The only complain I have with this service is that there cache is limited to a very few sites which were very popular. Also some great sites which also had the traffic but were hosted on a free sub-domain have been excluded.

Below I am putting a  step by step graphical guide to using the service..

STEP 1:

Untitled1

STEP 2:

Untitled2

STEP 3:

Untitled3

 

This was my first guide sort of thing and I feel there is still a room for lot of improvement please contact me if anyone has any queries....

No comments: